HelpWorksItalia - Services
HelpWorksItalia (HWI) understands the effort it can take to set up home in a foreign country as well as the logistical problems of maintaining a second home from abroad.
We are happy to provide assistance as and when you need it, but if you would prefer a fixed annual rate for specific services, our Annual HomeCare Services are designed to provide you with both useful and practical solutions:
POST BOX AND PAYMENTS - €420 + IVA p/a:
We can arrange for your post to be redirected to our office where we will:
- Check it for anything important
- Pay all maintenance and service bills
- Ensure your annual council and rubbish taxes are paid
- Forward you any urgent correspondence
HWI has a client dedicated bank account to facilitate this service. All original invoices and receipts are kept on file for you to pick up when you want and spreadsheets of deposits and withdrawals are provided quarterly.
POST BOX, PAYMENTS & CALL UP SERVICE - €600 + IVA p/a:
This includes the above, but also allows you to call us whenever you may need help, for example:
- making appointments
- ordering a refill of your gas tank
- reporting faulty telephone or electricity lines on your behalf
- calling in professionals for emergencies
- being on standby to translate those emergencies via telephone etc...
HOUSE MANAGEMENT - €1,200 + IVA:
Includes all of the above plus:
- Ensuring your house is aired and checked at least once a week
- Having it cleaned before your arrival
- Organising the maintenance of your garden and/or pool
- Liaising with you should any complications arise concerning the property
- Providing reliable professionals to make repairs
- Organising airport pick ups, pre-arrival grocery shopping etc...
- Arranging payment of monies owed to contractors or suppliers.
- Holding a spare set of keys in case of emergency.
COMPREHENSIVE HOUSE MANAGEMENT - €2,000 + IVA p/a:
Includes all of the above plus:
- Overseeing the arrival and departure of your summer guests
- Ensuring that the house is cleaned and beds made up on changeover days
- Organising the maintenance of your garden and/or the regular cleaning of your pool
- Finding, if required, private caterers, babysitters, drivers etc...
- Acting as a reference point for your guests should they have any problems
To have at hand an updated, complete record of all documents and certificates pertaining to your property means that in the event you need to sell, even from abroad or in a hurry, the sale would be as trouble-free as possible.
This service provides a professional survey on your property to include:
- Its structural condition
- Identification of the property and how it is registered
- Collation of floor plans, land maps, building authorisations/ permits and the title history of the property (visure)
- Certificates of conformity where relevant (for central heating and electrical systems as per new EU norms)
- The depositing on your behalf, of a last will and testament at the offices of the notary who has your title deeds
On request, HWI can retain a copy of all documentation, for safekeeping, in its offices.
Ensuring you buy safely:
If you find a property through a private owner selling direct, HWI offers a comprehensive sales service at a fixed fee which provides you with ongoing translations and assistance during each phase of purchase, a survey of the property in question, all formally drawn up contracts, their translation and our presence at completion to ensure all procedures are followed correctly.
Alternatively, if you find an agency property that you'd like to buy, at no extra cost to you, HWI can provide the same service as described above. HWI's fixed fee is automatically deducted from the agency fee and due to us only after completion has taken place.
HWI's sales service also includes:
- Obtaining a codice fiscale (tax code) required before purchase
- Opening a bank account before purchase
- Registering utilities in your name after exchange
- Setting up direct debits after exchange
Our restoration projects are all done by local artisans and are consigned on time and within budget. There are no hidden fees and you are invoiced directly by each of the artisans concerned. Our role which can be determined at the outset of the project, can be as limited or as involved as you wish. We can either oversee the entire project, provide progress reports just in your absence, provide translations of all correspondence and meetings only or merely present you to a team of reputable artisans and efficient geometras (surveyors).
If you'd like to know more about restoration costs and the geometra's role as Director of Works (required by law) why not download our free information guides.
HelpWorksItalia can help you by:
- Guiding you through bureaucratic red tape
- Interpreting and/or translating
- Helping you with any paperwork
- Assisting you in obtaining residency
- Assisting you in applying for national health insurance
- Assisting you to set up in business.
- Answering any queries you may have.
HelpWorksItalia charges an hourly fee of €30 + IVA for office work, €40 + IVA per hour for out of office/site visits and €25 + IVA per 'file' for written translations which are based on a standard professional rate. (One file equals 1500 characters including spaces).
IVA is the equivalent of VAT and charged at a rate of 20%.